“Meditation at the UN” – Article in CENTERPOINT NOW Magazine 2014Filed under media coverage Text & Photos | MG Members in other events | Room of Quiet
This article published by the World Council of Peoples for the United Nations quotes or refers to :
- Jan Eliasson, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations since June 2012,
- Dag Hammarskj, second UN Secretary-General, ….
- U Thant. who succeeded Dag Hammarskjold as Secretary-General in 1961
- Professor Kusumita P. Pedersen, PhD.
- Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007) Leader of the Peace Meditation at U.N.
- Rule 62. of UN General Assembly observing ‘minute of silence dedicated to prayer or meditation
- Pragati Pascale, staff member since 1978, Spokesperson for the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development
- Samuel Leal, Marine Officer; Navy Captain Brazilian Marine Corps, seconded to U.N. at time of interview,
Photos clockwise: UN Photo/ AF: (Meditation room Reopens, 1957); UN Photo/ Teddy Chen (Stained Glass Window)
Interest in mind-body approaches to well being isn’t limited to
people with disease or disabllity_ Are our lifestyles sustainable?
Leading figures within the United Nations recognized early on
the need for a holistic approach to well being in the personal
and professional aspects of life…….
click on image below for larger of different resolution Photo – Images