Inspiring Quotations and ThoughtsFiled under Talks about the UN Heart-Home
Inspiring Quotations and Thoughts
about the UN, Heart-Home and Oneness-World.
The outer message of the United Nations is peace.
The inner message of the United Nations is love.
The inmost message of the United Nations is oneness.
Inauguration Meditation – April 14, 1970
Today’s United Nations was yesterday’s perfecting Vision.
Tomorrow’s United Nations is today’s fulfilling Realisation.
Unity is not oneness. A bud is not a flower.
Unity is the temple. Oneness is the shrine.
The absence of unity is imminent confusion.
The absence of oneness is the ultimate destruction.
The presence of unity is the immediate end of human imperfection and limitation.
The presence of oneness is the glorious beginning of man’s perfect Perfection.
During his almost 4 decades of coming to the United Nations Sri Chinmoy offered many inspiring quotations about the world body, peace, oneness and the inner life:
- 37 excerpts from Sri Chinmoy’s writings: In honour of Sri Chinmoy’s 37 years of dedicated service to the United Nations, 37 excerpts are included, expressing his vision for the United Nations and a peaceful oneness-world. The bird drawings are also by Sri Chinmoy. (See page 46-52 of A Celebration of the Life of Sri Chinmoy 1931-2007, Leader of Peace Meditations at the United Nations”.)
- Link to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and fuller list of answers by Sri Chinmoy related to the United and Nations or spiritual topics like meditation. (more)
- The Tears Of Nation-Hearts-first published in 1974: includes:
- The Inner Message Of The United Nations
- Salvation, Liberation And Realisation
- Idea And Ideal; The Real And The Eternal
- The Soul-Love Of The United Nations
- Who Are We?
- The Heart-Peace Of The United Nations
- No Nation Is Unwanted
- Each Nation In Its Place Is Great
- How Secure Are We?
- The Answer To World-Despair
- Beyond The World Of Reason
- The Voice Of Silence
- Why Do I Have To Become Spiritual?
- The United Nations As An Instrument Of Human Unification
- What Is The United Nations Really Doing For Humanity?
- The United Nations Can Teach Us How To Share
- Does Meditation Encourage Us To Escape From Reality?
- Are Spiritual People Somewhat Abnormal?
- God And Goal
- The Garland Of Nation-Souls – first Published in 1972 Talks and Meditations at the United Nations including:
- Introduction by Peter Pitzele, Assistant Professor of English, Harvard University, Nov 1972
- United Nations Meditation Group
- The Garland Of Nation-Souls
- The Song Universal
- Talks From The Peace Room
- Meditation: Self-Transcendence
- Is The Spiritual Life An Escape From Reality?
- Does Meditation Really Accomplish Anything?
- A Spiritual Goal For The United Nations: Is It Practical?
- Peace Is Our Birthright: How Can We Have It?
- Spirituality: Is It Only For The Chosen Few?
- Spirituality: The Fount Of World Peace
- Mediation And Meditation
- God’s Power Of Love In Today’s World
- Western Dynamism And Eastern Spirituality
- The Court Of Divine Justice
- God: The Supreme Actor World: The Divine Audience
- God’s Compassion And The United Nations’ Dedication
- The Right To Happiness: A Human Right?
- Why Is It Easier To Disbelieve Than To Believe?
- Does Belief Come Spontaneously Or By Effort?
Meditations From The United Nations
- A Real Member Of The United Nations – F irst published in 1989.
- My Meditation-Service At The United Nations For 25 Years, 1995. including Questions from Dr. Robert Muller and others (see list of samples)
- Flame Waves – Sri Chinmoy answers questions at and about the United Nations (see list of samples)
- (to move up higher once items in this series are identified) Dag Hammarskjold Lecture Series. some of the above listed items were given as part of a series of talks offered between ________ and_____ by Sri Chinmoy in honour of the former Secretary General