Amb. Davidson Hepburn – Lifting Up the World Programme 2003 April 21Filed under americas | Lift World - Oneness - Heart
On 21 April 2003, Ambassador Davidson Hepburn of the Bahamas was Lifted by Sri Chinmoy at Aspiration Ground Garden in Queens New York.
Ambassador Hepburn has been a friend of Sri Chinmoy and the Peace Meditation Group at the United nations since the 1970’s when he was Permanent Representative of His country to the United Nations and participated in many Programmes with the Group.
Background on Davidson Hepburn introduction added / to be edited:
Chairman – Antiquities, Monuments & Museums Corporation of The Bahamas
- 1972: Diploma in International Relations, International Institute, Geneva, Switzerland
- 1966: Ph.D, University of Madrid, Spain (Comparative Language and Literature)
- 1962: M.A, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- 1958: B.A., Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida
Professional Experience (National)
- 2001: present Chairman, Council of Governor General’s Youth Award
- 2000: Appointed Honorary Consul of Indonesia to The Bahamas
- 1991-2005: Chairman, Bahamas National Commission for UNESCO
- 1992-1997: Manager, Human Resources, Coutts Bank (Bahamas) Limited
- 1991-1992: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Immigration & Employment
- 1990-1991: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tourism
- 1988-1990: Executive Director, Bahamas Quincentennial Commission
- 1985-1990: Non-Resident Ambassador of The Bahamas to Cuba
- 1986-1988: Non-Resident Ambassador of The Bahamas to Haiti
- 1972-1984: Under Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1970-1972: Director of Immigration
- 1969-1970: First Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs
- 2001-2003: Member of the Executive Board of UNESCO and Chairman of the Committee on Conventions & Recommendations
- 1987: Chairman, Disarmament Commission, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- 1983: Head of Bahamas Delegation to Non-Aligned Conference, New Delhi, India
- 1982: Vice-Chairman, Second Special Session on Disarmament, U.N.
- 1980: Vice-President, 35th Session of United Nations General Assembly
- 1979: Chairman of First Committee, United Nations General Assembly
- 1978-1988: Ambassador/Permanent Representative of The Bahamas to U.N.
- 1973-1978: Deputy Permanent Representative, The Bahamas Mission to U.N.
- 1964-1969: Assistant Professor of English Language & Literature, Alma College, Michigan
- 1996: Chevalier of the French Legion d’Honneur, and Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Club
- 1982: Gold Award for Narration of document, BAHAMAS TOMORROW
- 1975: Honorary LLB, Alma College, Michigan
- 1971: Carnegie Fellow – International Relations, Geneva
Languages : Fluent in Spanish and French
Later UNESCO bio of Davidson Hepburn from 2011 at : http://www.unesco.org/en/general-conference-35session/president-35th/davidson-l-hepburn-phd/ President of the 35th session of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) ; Davidson L. HEPBURN (Commonwealth of The Bahamas)
or click on photo below for larger jpg photos: