“Lifting Up the World …” programme honouring Presidents of UN General AssemblyFiled under 2 or more | Lift World - Oneness - Heart
May 15th 2001, there was a programme at Aspiration Ground in Queens to honor Presidents of the UN General Assembly.
- H.E. Dr. Humayun Rasheed Choudhury (41st session); (Bangladesh)
- H.E. Dr. Jorge Illueca (38th session) (Panama) – with Daughter Dr. Marta Illueca (second row right -Professor at NYU Hospital) – After being lifted 15 May , Jorge Illueca said: ” I do not have enough words to express my gratitude…Instead of saying words, please listen with great attention and you will feel my heartbeat tonight.” Note 1
- H.E. Mr. Imre Hollai (37th session); (Hungary)
- H.E. Mr. Amara Essy (49th session); (Cote d’Ivoire) ” When You come here. everything is peace. When you see the faces of the people, you know that the heart is in peace.” note 1`
(Pictured L to R) Dr. Humayun Rasheed Choudhury (41st session); (Bangladesh); Mr. Imre Hollai (37th session); (Hungary); Dr. Jorge Illueca (38th session) (Panama); Mr. Amara Essy (49th session); (Cote d’Ivoire); Sri Chinmoy
note 1: as reported in Publication “Anahata Nada – the soundless sound” March 2001 – July 2001 issue.
Fuller transcript of evening may be added if available.
as noted in Gallery photos below:
Sri Chinmoy Led an opening meditation before the main Lifting up the world Programme.
- Individuals participated in a Parade of Nations by announcing the countries they represented from the “Peace Blossoms Nations ” programme
- Singers Performed compositions for the lifting Up the World event including those in Honour of the United Nations, The Presidents of the General Assembly and Peace . (TB might have exact order or list of songs )
- Information about the Oneness-Home-Peace Run was introduced before the Four UNGA Presidents were invited to hold the torch together with Sri Chinmoy
see some Photos in Gallery below – more to bbe added of other lifts as available
Pulak or Bashwar may have .
Click on image for larger photo or different resolution.